How To Create A Compelling Brand Experience Strategy
Brand experience strategy is the pivotal point that nudges a customer to choose you when they have a choice between different products when they’re similarly priced and have similar features. This is because, in a competitive marketplace, customers ultimately base their decisions on the brand experience they’re offered. When the brand experience meets their needs, demands, and expectations, they are more likely to buy a business’ product.
That’s why it is crucial that you develop an effective strategy for a superior brand experience. Doing so will help you generate more awareness about your brand, build more loyalty, differentiate yourself from your competitors, and make more sales. You will build and nurture stronger relationships with your customers and generate more revenue.
In this post, we look at what brand experience strategy is and why it’s important, in more detail. We also show you how you can develop an effective brand strategy with experience analysis.
What is a Brand Experience Strategy?
A brand experience strategy is a plan that you can implement to generate awareness about your brand and how you create value for your customers. It’s based on interaction, engagement, and relationships between your business and its customers and relies on measures to improve all these aspects.
Why is Brand Strategy Important?
An effective brand experience strategy is important because it allows you to engage with your customers at a more genuine level and thus nurture brand loyalty and word-of-mouth promotion. You can enjoy key benefits such as:
- Improved sales conversions
- More brand awareness
- Stronger brand loyalty
- Increased brand equity
- Brand differentiation
Applying Sentiment Analysis to Brand Strategy
Brand experience is measured using data from customer surveys and feedback. While these can give you a broad overview of how your customers feel about your brand, when you do customer experience analysis with sentiment analysis, you’ll get far more profound insights.
During this process, a sentiment analysis API will identify each aspect or theme in your customers’ feedback and extract the sentiment for each of these aspects. Once done, you’ll learn these results from the API’s data visualizations.
In this way, you can see how every aspect of your brand experience performs. In turn, this allows you to develop your brand strategy with experience analysis using these granular insights.
How Do You Create a Brand Experience Strategy?
Let’s now consider how you can create a brand experience strategy for your business. To do so you need to take measures of certain important criteria and steps. These are as follow.
1. Understand Yourself, Your Customers, and Your Competition
At its core, an in-depth understanding of who you, your customers, and your competitors are, forms the foundation of your brand experience strategy. You need to know and understand your brand’s mission and values because they underpin how you want to serve your customers, provide value, meet their demands, and solve their problems.
You also need to know your customers and what their needs and expectations are. As mentioned earlier, sentiment analysis will give you a more granular understanding of your customers and what their opinions are of your business and the customer experience.
Finally, you need to know who your competitors are and understand their strengths and weaknesses. Likewise, sentiment analysis allows you to learn more about your competition and how your customers feel about their products, services, or customer experience.
Ultimately, the understanding mentioned above will show you your unique value proposition and what sets you apart from your competitors. In turn, this will shape the strategy you develop and implement to deliver a stellar brand experience.
2. Define Your Business Goals
Before you can develop your brand experience strategy, you should define your business goals. You should evaluate your current brand experience with an intelligent voice of customer analysis and decide what you want to achieve with your strategy. Fortunately, when evaluating your brand strategy with experience analysis using sentiment analysis, you’ll have granular insights into the distinct aspects that make up your brand experience.
This gives you the opportunity to learn about those aspects where you’re performing well and the aspects that might need some work, in keeping with the goals you want to focus on. It is equally important that all levels of management in your organization are in sync with your goals, as branding is an organization-wide effort.
3. Build Your Brand Experience Strategy
By now, you have an understanding of your customers and what you want to achieve with your brand experience strategy. Here, there are a few things you’ll need to consider so that your strategy will be as effective as possible:
- Channels. Your strategy should involve all the channels and touchpoints where you interact and engage with your customers. If it doesn’t, you won’t be able to deliver the brand experience your customers demand and expect. You’ll learn what these channels are when you build an understanding of your customers.
- Segmentation. It’s also crucial that you segment your customers based on where they are in the customer journey. In this way, provide the right brand experience to the right customers at the right time. This improves the customer experience significantly. You’ll develop these segments based on your initial customer experience analysis.
- Engagement. You’ll also need to implement strategies that will increase engagement with your customers. Remember, a stellar brand experience is built on relationships with your customers, and more engagement means stronger relationships. More engagement also means your customers will be more willing to voice their opinions about your brand or products.
- Personalization. Nowadays, personalization is a critical component of any effective brand experience strategy. This is because personalization makes customers feel seen, and more valued and appreciated, which, in turn, increases loyalty. Your brand experience strategy should include personalization to cater to this need.
- Differentiation. Finally, your brand experience strategy needs to include tactics that will differentiate you from your competition. This is especially important in a competitive marketplace filled with similar-priced products, where the brand experience marketing could, ultimately, influence a customer’s buying decision.
4. Track and Measure Your Performance
The final component of your brand experience strategy is that you track and measure your performance. This will show you whether your strategy is effective and what aspects might need more work. Here, you could, for instance, use Instagram social listening or TikTok insights to gain valuable insights into how your customers feel about your brand experience.
Another benefit of tracking and measuring your performance, especially when using sentiment analysis, is that you’ll see what effect any changes you make to your brand experience strategy have in real-time. In turn, this gives you more granular control over the effectiveness of your strategy.
For continued success in a competitive marketplace, it’s vital that you implement a brand experience strategy that allows you to increase engagement and awareness, build more loyalty, and differentiate your business from the competition. Hopefully, this post helped illustrate what such a strategy entails and the steps you’ll need to follow to create your own.
When you want to develop your brand strategy with experience analysis, it’s also vital that you use the best tool. Repustate’s brand experience and customer insights platform offers you quick, accurate, and insightful data that helps you understand your customers’ opinions about your brand, products, and services. It can help you create a data-backed brand experience strategy that meets your customers’ needs perfectly, however diverse your market spread is.
Available as an on-prem installation as well as on the Cloud, Repustate’s sentiment analysis solution is highly customizable and agile.